The following Companies are Currently Being
Investigated by the Advocate, the US FTC,
and/or various State's Attorney General Offices.
- "Phishing Schemes", leading to Identity Theft,
the single biggest issue at the FTC - A multitude of schemes are currently making
their rounds throughout the internet. They are claiming to be from
nearly every bank and financial institution in the country. Any "Verify
your data at, insert bank name, for any reason, is BOGUS. The
thieves are attempting to fool you into revealing your account info so
they can empty your account!!
- Web Hosting Companies - Hosting Hot List
- DSI Financial, aka; Accelerated Financial - "Debt
Elimination", ".. high pressure sales tactics and misrepresented
consumers in a sophisticated telemarketing operation to sell the debt
reduction service." quoted from the Washington State AG settlement
- Haynes Furniture - This one keeps
growing & growing
- Sprint/Embarq - Bogus Billing & Sales Deception.
- Sun Spots Realty - These, oxygen wasting
sacks of carbon, actually tried to sue us for publishing the truth,
can you say "First Amendment".
This list does not comprise all of the companies or
complaints that we are looking into. Simply the current "Hot List" or the
perpetrator's affecting the largest number of people and/or large sums of money
The complete "Current Case List" at the US
Federal Trade Commission can be found here; http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/
To file a complaint or learn the process can be found at the
US FTC site here; http://www.usa.gov/topics/consumer.shtml
Lots of helpful "Consumer Oriented Information" available
from the FTC to help consumers avoid being taken advantage of can be
found here; http://www.answeringserviceunited.com/consumer-protection-information-and-resources/
• Home • About the Advocate • Advocate Approved • Comments/Complaints • Consumer Fraud • Alpha Retrieval • Complaint List • Newsletter • More Info • Warning Watch-List •
November 22, 2014 09:46 AM,